Texas State Champions!

Texas State Champions!
The pin oak odyssey of the mind team celebrates after winning the Texas State tournament

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Lillian's story

My name is Lillian Evans. I have been doing OM since second grade, but I am in sixth grade now. Last year I got to go to the World Finals and I got to go again this year.

I think one of my favorite parts about the world finals is watching our buddy team from Singapore perform their balsa skit. The skit was about four different muffins, chocolate, raisin, cornbread and carrot; plus a chocolate chip cookie with a french accent that had a mission for the "Mafia Muffins". They were supposed to get a white chocolate diamond for the cookie. It was really funny though because almost every 2 minutes the team would break out into a choreographed song.

Everyone loved it. Their balsa held a whopping 905 pounds.

1 comment: