Texas State Champions!

Texas State Champions!
The pin oak odyssey of the mind team celebrates after winning the Texas State tournament

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Thank You

We want to say a very special thank you to everyone who helped us get to Michigan. Many people generously gave of their time and their money to help support this team and make this experience possible. It's hard to explain the magic of all these kids, ages 8 to 22, walking around, mingling, and interacting with each other.

We've already met kids from many other states and countries and we have a good time talking to them and finding out a little bit more about their schools and how they got here.

Opening ceremonies are tonight and the competition starts in earnest tomorrow. Today is a day for getting settled in, handling the administrative side of things and meeting other kids.

3 comments:

  1. Have fun at the opening ceremonies! I'll bet it's a lot more comfortable there, we've got a 90 degree day today, whew. Laura, thanks for doing this.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, this is a great idea....I love the picture. I need one of those. I didn't even know that this one existed. My sister and family that is not able to be in Michigan will love this blog. Thanks for doing this. Give my love to my family and to everyone else. I had a dream last night that they were in the top 3! Hope it comes true! It was very real.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Lillian's AP. This is very cool. Thanks for the pictures. good luck and most importantly, have fun!

    ReplyDelete