By Silas
Hello, I am Silas Strawn, one of the seven students from Pin Oak Middle School who has the wonderful opportunity of going to the 2010 Odyssey of the Mind World Finals.
Odyssey of the Mind is a creative problem solving competition, where kids from all over the world can compete and have tons of fun.
One of my favorite elements of OM is pin-trading. Pin Trading is a big OM tradition. Each State, Country, and sometimes teams and schools that compete in OM make unique pins. So first you start collecting pins from your state and if you go on to compete in World Finals you can trade pins with people from different places and get really cool pins.
I have been in OM for only this year, so my pin collection is pretty small. But I have some pretty cool pins, like the Heidleburg castle from Germany or the Medusa from Virginia.
So far, I really like OM and I really, really want to do it next year. It was a wonderful, fun opportunity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment